If you are new to hand embroidery or need to brush up on how to get started, take a look at my foundation hand embroidery class for beginners on Skillshare: “Hand Embroidery 101 – Foundational Stitches and Techniques”. The class comes complete with a project to try out and learn more embroidery stitches.
Class lessons cover:
- Essential Hand Embroidery Supplies
- Various Transfer Methods (depending on the material you use)
- Threading Up & Knotting Your Thread
- Hooping up Your Fabric
- Starting & Finishing Your Thread
- Practice Exercises for the Back Stitch, Laid Stitch, French Knot and Pisitil Stitch
- Project – Spring Blossoms on a Branch
New To Skillshare?
Skillshare is a subscription-based online learning platform where you can choose and learn from over 28,000 classes. Topics cover a wide range of creative, lifestyle, business, and technology subjects. Each class allows you to work on a project, and you can ask questions and get feedback.
I love it! If you are not already a member, you can use my referral link to try Skillshare* for 2 weeks free. If you don’t want to continue, you simply cancel after two months at no cost to you. You will get a notification as well before your 2 weeks are up.
This referral link gives you 14 days free of Skillshare‘s premium membership. I will receive a small commission if you sign up, with no cost to you. You can cancel at any time.